- Attleborough Matters Issue 8 >>
- Attleborough Matters Issue 7 >>
- Attleborough Matters Issue 6 >>
- Attleborough Matters Issue 5 >>
- Attleborough Matters Issue 4 >>
- Attleborough Matters Issue 3 >>
- Attleborough Matters Issue 2 >>
- Attleborough Matters Issue 1 >>
- Plans for the Connaught Hall >>
- The Town Counil does not endorse any services/businesses offered within the adverts
Supporting Attleborough Town Centre
The retail sector is a key area of employment and earlier consultations have shown that there is a strong desire that a vibrant town centre should be protected and enhanced. Therefore, the following proposals are aimed specifically at supporting Attleborough town centre:
- Any significant new retail outside the existing town centre or business proposal must demonstrate its reason for location through a sequential test to show none of the town centre existing sites are available or suitable, in order to protect the vitality of the town centre.
- Redevelop Queens Square car park site for uses that support town centre retail and other community uses, and also seek replacement and additional car parking capacity.
- Support changes of use for new residential and commercial uses on upper floors, to encourage a diverse range of uses in the town centre.
- Proposals will be resisted which would result in the loss of existing local shopping facilities within the defined town centre.
- Expand the retail provision as the town grows
- Support proposals for a new superstore, providing they demonstrate that its operation does not lead to a significant adverse impact on the town centre, the environment, or on the transport network.
- Retain the current town centre boundary but continue to look at this as part of the ANP reviews and as the town centre grows.